Saturday, September 12, 2015

Books!....And a Public Service Message

My small town has a big bazaar every September which means the library has a book sale.  So, I came home with a stack of books.


That stack on the right was only $5.  Spent $17 overall.  Not bad, I say.  I'll need another book shelf soon :)



And now for something completely different.



This week was National Suicide Prevention Week.  Suicide is a topic that has hit home for me when one of my close friends from college committed suicide two years ago, leaving behind his wife and a young daughter (she is only a few months younger than my oldest).

It has been extremely hard to watch a friend pick up and move to a different state (to be closer to family) and have to struggle with raising a child alone, along with trying to find a decent paying job that can support both of them (she is actually doing college right now, so proud of her).  It didn't have to be this way.

Suicide is preventable.  People want to help you.  There are suicide hotlines you can call, if you do not want to talk to your friends or family.  Please seek help if you feel the need to end your life!

This ends my public service message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(