Monday, July 20, 2015

Some Finished Work **Edit - There's more!**

I finally finished "Tweet Gift" today.  Here's a picture.


Let me just say that metallic thread is a pain in a sewing machine.  Got it to work ok after finding a few tips online about adjusting the needle and tension.  Eternally thanking Brother for including the right sized needle in the kit that came with my Project Runway machine.

Later on, I decided to tackle "Shining in the Night."  I had my first run in with invisible thread.  I think it turned out quite well.


4 comments:

  1. Cute finishes. I have yet to try metallic thread for my sewing machine, but do love my Brother machine for just about everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to set the tension down to like a 2. And use a 14 or 16 needle. I found some tips online that helped. It's still a pain.

      Delete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(