Monday, June 1, 2015

Lullaby for a Princess

About a year or so ago, my stepdaughter turned me into a fan of the newest My Little Pony series, Friendship is Magic.  The first ponies came out when I was a child but I never watched the series and Hasbro has done an excellent job with it.  My daughters are also big fans, especially Adele, who now actually wants to wear My Little Pony clothing (which is a definite improvement from not wanting to wear clothing at all).

At the beginning of the series, we learn about the Princesses Celestia (ruler of day) and Luna (ruler of night).  Luna went evil and was banished to the moon 1000 years before the start of the series.  Shortly after, a fan wrote a song about how sad it was for Celestia to have banished her sister and shortly after that, another fan thought the gorgeously haunting song would make a great animation.  Almost three years later, the finished product was released and it is gorgeous.

Even if you don't really watch My Little Pony, please take a look at the video as the song is hauntingly beautiful and the animation is some of the best you'll ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(