Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Stitching Q & A

I have been having some fun the last few days with my Mom so I haven't been online much.  We finished our Christmas shopping today which was exciting. 

I thought that it was about time for a Q & A session but no one has posted any questions lately so I thought I would write my own.

1. What holiday(s) do you celebrate in December?

I celebrate the Christian Church seasons of Advent and Christmas.  We don't really do the cult of Santa or Elf on the Shelf with the girls but I know they talk about it at school. We are doing Advent calendars right now with the girls at home.

2. What kinds of holiday decorations do you have in your house?

This year I have two Christmas trees.  One is a 7.5' tree with a mix of secular and sacred ornaments and one is a 4' tree with sacred ornaments only.  I also put out some snowmen, my light up nativity scene and hung up the family stockings that I have stitched.  We did not decorate outside.






3. Do you stitch small holiday items (such as ornaments) or large pictures for this time of year?

As of now, I have only stitched small holiday items.  As an ongoing project, I have been stitching an ornament for each of my girls for each Christmas.  I have also done stockings for each family member along with several other small projects. The only larger project I have done is a
5" x 7" nativity scene which I think is appropriate to hang year round.

4. Do you do any other kinds of crafting this time of year?

I do knit and crochet gifts for people.  I also loom knit a Christmas tree that I use as a decoration.

5. What kind of music do you enjoy this time of year?

I enjoy both sacred and secular Christmas songs and I listen to a variety of artists.  I also enjoy Part 1 of Handel's Messiah which I was privileged to sing with a local choir a few years ago. 

6. Do you have any favorite holiday movies?

Growing up, I remember watching It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and The Bishop's Wife.  I enjoy classics like White Christmas and Holiday Inn as well as modern classics like The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, and The Santa Clause

7. Are there any upcoming holiday projects that you hope to accomplish within your lifetime?

Well, I have the ongoing project of stitching an ornament every year for my children.  Em turns 18 next year so I'm going to "cut her off."  I have a bit of catching up to do with Zoé and Adèle just needs an ornament for this year.  I have not decided if I am going to make a set of ornaments for my step-granddaughter or not.  I also have some LED candles that I would like to turn into working Advent candles but I did not get the chance to try that this year. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I can tell that Zoé has come so far because this is what she requested for Christmas this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(