Sunday, July 20, 2014

Very Texan

I finished knitting up this washcloth today.  It has the state of Texas in the middle of it but it's a bit hard to see because of the stripes.  My knitting circle has done this several times so I decided to give it a try.  I chose the striped yarn because the Texas state flag colors are red, white and blue just like the U.S. flag colors (if you're not from the U.S., the Texas flag has a bit more standing than the other state flags because Texas was an independent country before it joined the United States so it is allowed to be flown at the same height as the U.S. flag.  The only other state that has that honor is California).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(