Monday, May 5, 2014

Finishing Touches

I was able to finish up the Autumn Sampler this weekend and added the Just Another Buttons this morning.  I don't know if I'm going to frame it or finish it as a needle roll yet. The pattern called for Needlepoint Inc Silk but I used the DMC alternatives.  I could not justify spending $4 a skein on silk that isn't overdyed.  I think it looks fine just the same.

Autumn Sampler
M Designs - JCS Sept/Oct 2011
Fabric: 32 ct. Crystal DaVinci Linen by Picture This Plus
Fibers: DMC, The Thread Gatherer Silk n'Colors, Just Another Button Company
I also did quite a bit of work this morning on Marsh Marigolds.  I would say that I'm about 2/3 of the way through the pattern and then there's a little bit of backstitching.  It's slow going because of the frequent color changes.  I took it off the Q Snap for a better picture.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely finish! I agree with you on not wanting to pay that much for something that's not overdyed when there isn't much difference when finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(