Friday, May 16, 2014

A Time of Thanksgiving

I was able to stitch some more on A Time of Thanksgiving today.  This is the piece that I have modified from the original a bit.  The patterns is out of Cross Stitch! Magazine.  It originally called for 16 ct. Sandhill Aida but I am using 14 ct. Beige Aida because that was what was in my stash (Stitch from Stash, after all).  It also called for one strand of floss for both cross stitch and backstitch.  I think that's a little light, even for 16 count.  One strand on 18 count looks a little thin and this piece definitely does not look thinly stitched.  Especially since I've upped the count, I'm using 2 strands.


That's actually green floss, not black.  The lighting played with the color a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(