Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kitchen Gadgets

I've been doing a lot of cooking lately.  Here are some of my favorite gadgets.

This is my stand mixer that I bought a few months back.  It's a KitchenAid Profession HD.  Unlike the Artisan, it does not have a tilt head but has a bowl lift instead.  
This is my new OXO sifter.  I don't sift often but I needed one for making angel food cakes.  It has both a top and bottom lid and you sift by shaking it side to side.
This is my favorite oil for baking.  It has no flavor so it does not affect your baking

My Mistos.  You can put any cooking oil in them and they turn it into a cooking spray.  I have Safflower in one (for baking) and Sunflower in the other.

The secret is that you have to "pump" the bottle to prime it for spraying.
My new gravy seperator.  I have yet to use it.

This is my newest gizmo.  It's a KitchenAid 13 cup food processor.  I has a 4 cup bowl that nests inside.  It comes with a nifty storage case for the blades and wheels.
I think the only thing I really need now is a regular stainless steel mixing bowl.  I have gone through 6 attempts now and still no decent angel food cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(