Thursday, January 9, 2014

A New Start and God is Love Progress

I started a new ornament for Emily's box yesterday to work on alongside God is Love.  God is Love has a lot of petite stitches so sometimes I need a break.  Plus, I'm working on it when my husband isn't home since it's an anniversary present.

The new ornament is "Traveling with Santa" out of the JCS Ornament issue from last year.  It calls for perforated paper but I'm stitching it on perforated plastic because that's what I had in my stash.  I'm short two colors of DMC (never fails, just when I think I have most of it....) but I don't think 80 cents for the two skeins will break my monthly budget. ;)


I got quite a bit done on God is Love today.  I had to do a bunch of crown stitches in #8 perle ecru cotton.  It goes all the way across so I'm not quite half done with them.  I also put a bunch of the roses in.  The centers are missing because two skeins of Silk Mori are in that order of stash that hasn't shipped yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(