Saturday, October 12, 2013

Waiting for Baby

So, my daughter in law went into labor yesterday.  It's almost noon and we're still waiting.  Meanwhile, here's some stitchy distractions.

I have decided to postpone my Fall stitching in favor of doing Christmas presents.  My workload for grad school has been somewhat light and I want to take advantage while I still can.

I went to SCRAP Thursday night.  I picked up some backing fabric (sorry don't have a pic) and also some cross stitch fabric and a Daydreams kit.  I think I'm going to do the kit for my stepson and his wife (the ones who are in labor at the moment).


My order came in at Needleworx and my husband was in Plano so he stopped by and picked it up along with some 36 ct Edinburgh Linen and two rolls of #8 Kreinik.  He also got me a marking pen.  Haven't used it yet.


I knitted up a woven top hat for one Christmas present.


Then I used the Kreinik to finish up Zoé's Britty Kitty.  I just have to figure out where I want the personalization.


Now I've started up a Dalek ornament for my friend Shelly (the wife of my friend who committed suicide).  I found a pixel pattern for it but I've changed up the colors and stuff.  I'm using some DMC light effects and stitching it on gold perforated paper.  I intend to use some beads too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(