Monday, September 16, 2013

Frustration, a blanket and a new ornie

I've been frustrated the past few months with a certain little situation that's been going on behind the scenes.  I won't go into details, because they're not important but I think it might be someone that most of us crafters have faced at one point in our crafty lives.  I had someone basically tell me, you are so talented, I wish I could do what you do and oh, by the way, you should make one of those in these specific colors for _____ (which was someone that that person had a special interest in).  I was like "excuse me?"  

I like making things for people and everything but I like it on my terms.  I don't like to be dictated to.  It's my hobby and my time and my money and, well, it should be my choice with what I do with it.  Now, I have asked people what they would like me to make and I have had people nicely ask if I could make things (such as shawls for shut-ins) and I don't have a problem with that.  I have problems with people expecting that I'm going to do stuff because I can do it.  

There, my rant is over.  Weigh in if you've ever been in that situation.  If you want the details, I'll only discuss it over email.  

On to better things...

My blanket is growing longer.


And another ornament is in the works.


There's not much to it yet.  It's being stitched on that 32 ct linen my husband got me a few weeks back.

1 comment:

  1. Cheek of it! I wouldn't make anything either when asked like that!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(