Sunday, June 23, 2013

Unexpected Package

Hi y'all!

I've survived three weeks of grad school.  Whew!  Lots of hard work but lots of learning.

I got a package this week from my mother's neighbor.  I had no idea what it could be.  But I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it and found this:



It's the set of Advent Candles that I made in college!

A little background:  shortly before he died, my father's church burned down because someone forgot to extinguish the advent candles.  They were regular wax candles and burned down and dripped onto the floor and burned the entire historic building to the ground.  For my Lutheran Worship class in college, I had to create a project.  I came up with these plastic canvas "advent candles" because I thought they could be used in certain places, like classrooms where lighting actual candles was not a good idea.  They even "light up."


I had given them to my neighbor to use in Sunday School and she retired from teaching Sunday School this year.  I had asked her to take a picture of them the next time she pulled them out but since she retired, she decided to mail them to me.

I would like to make a few modifications to them.  I'm not sure if I will modify these or start from scratch and make a new set.  We'll see.  Right now I've got lots of school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(