Saturday, May 4, 2013

Weekly Progress

Today, my husband was supposed to be off but he worked anyway.  It was Free Comic Book Day so we headed down to Denton Square.  There was a bike race on the back road to Denton so I had to dodge cyclists in my big diesel truck.  When we got to Denton, there was a Cinco de Mayo parade so it was hard to navigate the square.  Then there was a long line to get into the comic book store so we skipped it and hit some other stores. 

I found some random Mr. Potatohead pieces at the antique mall for $6.50.  I found parts for a santa Potato head and also some earmuffs.  I'm saving them for Adele's next visit with one of her therapists.  She should have fun.

I also found this book at the used book store for $2:


The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush

My husband had wanted it ever since I mentioned that Tomie dePaola had written it because his grandmother liked the legend.  So now we have this and the bluebonnets one.  They didn't have a lot of meaning to me until I moved down to Texas where we have bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes.  They are out in full force this time of year (especially with all the extra rain).

On the way home, I hit the other comic book store in town (two colleges in Denton = lots o Geeks).  I picked up some free comic books and then proceeded to spoil my husband's mother's day surprise by acquiring this:

Star Trek: Countdown to Darkness

Here is my stitching for this week:


 
I think the colors really pop on the natural linen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(