Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cutest. Thing. Ever.

So the hubby and the girls and I had a bit of an adventure today.  We had to get some supplies at Home Depot and then we made the drive out to Cabela's.  And then I saw the cutest thing ever.


And no, he's not stuffed.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is a live 7 inch or so tall Eastern Screech Owl.  He apparently is used for falconry so he catches prey for his owner (mostly grasshoppers and mice and sparrows and stuff).  He was very well behaved and sat nicely on his perch.  The owner demonstrated his swiveling ability by swiveling the base.  The body moved with the base but the head stayed in position.  Wish I had a video of that.  It was cute.

Zoé wanted to pet it.  Adèle was afraid of the hawk who was also there so she didn't even see the owl.

Here's a wide angle picture to show its size.

Use that Galaxy S III on the table as a comparison.

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I love that owls & hawks and other birds for that matter, can be held in captivity and behave as well as they do around so many people. It really is neat being able to interact with them. I guess not much different than my pet cockatiel.

    ~ Sherrie (Bird Lady)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is very cool! Visiting from A to AGod bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one of these last July at Stratton Mountain in Vermont. There was a wildlife guy giving a presentation on a bunch of owls....the Screech one was the cutest, I wanted to take it home!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(