Sunday, March 31, 2013

A to Z 2013! (Introductory Post)

First of all, Happy Easter everyone!
 


For the second year in a row, I am participating in the A to Z blogging challenge.  Last year, I decided to blog on random topics.  This year, I decided to be more specific.  And this year's topic is:

People of the Bible from A to Z

Last year, I did a 90 day Bible challenge.  It wasn't the first time I'd read the Bible cover to cover but I think it was the quickest that I'd ever read it.  I rediscovered a lot of things that I'd forgotten over the years and had a lot of fun with it.  So, I thought I'd share people from A to Z that I find interesting.

So without further ado, here come my disclaimers:

Disclaimer 1: I'm not looking for a theological debate. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Disclaimer 2: That being said, if you would like to add an additional observation about the person of the day that you have noticed or learned in Bible class, etc, please, comment.
Disclaimer 3: For my regular followers who aren't interested in this topic, please check back later in the day (the A to Z will generally be scheduled for 6 am central) for cross stitch and other stuff.  I know it's not for everyone.

For those of you joining me for A to Z, welcome, welcome and have fun!

I started using scripture from the NIV84 edition because that's what I normally use, but all the online sources have taken it down so we'll try the newest NIV.  I think that's what my church synod is going too..  I have some reservations about the new edition (they may have broke more than they fixed) but copy and paste is so much easier than typing everything in.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'd like to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. I hope you share the love and pass the award on to other fellow bloggers :)

    http://rebeccahgiltrow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/my-liebster-award.html

    Also, there's a website that I like to use called BibleGateway (http://www.biblegateway.com/). It's an online bible but you can choose the translation you prefer (I'd suggest using the King James Version), and that way you can copy and past what you need. You can also search for keywords or names without having to trawl through the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination. I appreciate it.

      I actually do use Bible Gateway for all my copying and pasting needs, however, Zondervan has pulled all the rights to the 1984 edition of the NIV. I'm still exploring the 2011 edition but I'm not crazy about the gender-inclusive language of the TNIV that they included. I'm not crazy about the KJV only because the language can be difficult to understand and also because it actually has several verses in it that aren't actually in the Bible that they discovered when they got the Dead Sea Scrolls. However, it is "classic" and I do use the KJV for cross stitching designing purposes because it's public domain.

      Delete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(