Wednesday, December 19, 2012

When Bad Christians Make Good Christians Look Bad

They're at it again.  Westboro Baptist Church has decided to picket the funerals for the children at Sandy Hook.  Don't believe me?  Here's the article.

These people aren't really "Christians" in the best sense of the word.  They believe all the deaths of our soldiers is caused by gay marriage.  Technically, all evil in the world is caused by sin but not the specific sin of gay marriage.  I believe that being gay is a sin but it's no different from any other sin that we all commit on a daily basis.  Plus, they actually like celebrate the deaths as "God's judgment."  Seriously?  That's just bad taste.  And not even in the Bible.

My husband and I shuddered to think what would have happened if Chris had been killed in Afghanistan because we would have had to deal with these "abominable Christians" yelling at how they were happy they were that he was dead.  No reference to his ultimate sacrifice.  Just us listening to those lunatics.  I wonder if the Texas police would have arrested us for assaulting them.

Sadly, we can't shut them up.  They are protected under the first amendment rights.  As are we all.   It's the price we pay sometime for freedom.

I'll say what I tweeted when I first heard about Sandy Hook:

Deliver Us From Evil

(and now I'll add "and Westboro")

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(