Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stitchy Planning and WIPs

So, if you read my first guest blog post on Stitching the Night Away (if you didn't, you can read it here), you would know that the I proposed taking an inventory of all stitching supplies.  And then, I proposed making a list of all the pieces that you wanted to stitch.  Well, I am proud to say that I have finally finished my list.  I had to redo my fabric because I had used some and then got some new fabric and hadn't updated anything.

Longer followers of my blog might recall that I wanted to make ornaments for each year of my daughters' lives and also make a box and then they got the box and ornaments at age 18.  Well, I started planning that as well.  I also decided to do a box for my stepdaughter which will take a lot more time since I have to catch up on 15 years of Christmases.  She and her brothers are really a part of our family and they have pretty much disowned their biological mother so it was the least I could do.  I think I have picked out a variety of different kinds that she should like.

If I haven't mentioned it, I'm trying to go back to college next year.  My stitching and blogging time will be greatly depreciated as I will be taking 9 credits of graduate courses every term.  I figure the ornaments aren't such a bad thing to shoot for as they are smaller and only take a few hours to stitch most of the time.

I am almost done with the teapot sampler.  Just two squares to go.  I also started this ornament:
It's going to be Adèle's ornament for this year.

Tonight I'm going to be singing in the chorus for Part I of The Messiah!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Pooh ornament :) I stitched a bunch of Disney ornaments a few years ago and I still love them on my tree!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(