Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 Year in Review

Even though it is only December 23rd, I thought I would do my year wrap up before I forget.

I had a lovely birthday yesterday (quiet and simple, but nice) but I didn't have time to blog.

We are excited as the stepdaughter is coming home for Christmas!  She was supposed to be with her mother but she has been growing apart from her mother for the past few years and really didn't want to spend the holidays there so her mother finally gave in and she won't have to be a "back and forth" child anymore. That was probably the best Christmas present her mother could have given her.

This year was a year of ups and downs, especially with the lay off in June and both of us not being able to find decent jobs.  I am still waiting on my official acceptance into the IMPACT/Masters program at UNT.

I only had four stitching goals for 2012 and I finished 3 so I have a 75% completion rating.

There was the ambitious Whitework Sampler for my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary:
And two stockings:


The one thing I didn't finish was the Pooh quilt.

I had a record number of finishes this year, probably due to the Chrismons.  Here were the cross stitch finishes:
Vino Rosso (Mill Hill Kit)
Amitea (original design)
Tree Frog Trio (Dimensions Kit)
Night Sky Sampler (original design)
Lily Pond Heirloom Quilt
Harvest Night (Mill Hill Kit)
Apple Picking (Mill Hill Kit)
Flora Frog (Mill Hill Kit)
Rip It Needlebook
And then I had some knitting finshes:
Chelsea's Hooded Scarf
Fingerless Mitt
Fingerless Glove
Oxford Mitered Scarf
Tea Cozy
Afghan Shawl
Puppet
Christmas Tree
And I started designing my own stuff:


And I took my new sewing machine for a spin:



Next year, I don't think I will get much done because of grad school.  My goal is to at least finish one ornament.  We'll keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(