Saturday, July 14, 2012

Teapot project

My husband likes tea.  A LOT.  American tea isn't good enough for him, he drinks PG tips.  Any long term follows of my blog may remember this piece:


I stitched it back in 2010 for my husband.  It's seasonal teacups.

Anyway, during my adventures at Scrap, I found this lovely piece of linen for 50 cents:



As you can see, it's got little running thread in it that makes it blocked off, kinda like the bell pull. And the edges have been nicely serged.  When I first saw it, I had an idea.

Enter this book:



It's a great book with a motif for every day of the year.  It also has themed stuff like teapots and wreaths and flowers and birthstone angels and quilt blocks for each month.  You've been the mini samplers out of this a few posts down.


Now, getting back to the tea.  I thought it would be a lovely idea to stitch the teapots on this piece of linen.


Now, I know what you're thinking, there are 16 squares on that piece of linen and only 12 teapots.  I'm going to leave the corners empty and figure out what to stitch there later.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the teapots you are going to use on that fabric, and I am sure you're going to figure out something great to put in the corners...maybe something to represent each season?

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking actually was something for each season. I'll have to hunt around.

      Delete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(