Friday, July 20, 2012

Review: Inheritance


InheritanceInheritance by Christopher Paolini
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was a little hesitant as I started reading this book.  I like the story of the Inheritance cycle but Paolini is a little ploddy.  I think it's only because he has thought out his world so much that he wants to squeeze it all in.

However, I was pleasantly surprised with the pacing of the book.  I didn't have the urge to break into skimming mode.  It starts with Roran laying siege to a city.  Other events follow including a runin with the priests of Helgrind (who actually worship the Razac), the attack of Dras Leona, a long side mission of Eragon looking for stuff he can use to defeat the king and the final showdown.  He also takes about 100 pages at the end to tie up loose ends which gives the book a nice sense of finality.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(