Monday, July 23, 2012

More on my mystery WIP

I've had quite the weekend.  Saturday, I went to the knitting circle that meets twice a month at the library where I started a project that I'm making for a friend.  So no pictures until it's done.

Then, after I got home, we noticed it was getting warm in the house.  At first, we didn't think anything of it because it was 107 outside and when it gets that hot, the air conditioner is only able to cool things down about 20 degrees so sometimes it's warmer than what we set it to.  So, we went to Wal-Mart to cool off but when we got home, it was even warmer.  Then we noticed that the compressor wasn't working.  We quickly called the landlord but didn't expect to get a response that night.  It was too hot in the house for the girls (91 degrees and here, there is no breeze and it doesn't cool down that much a night, plus this house was not built for air circulation) so we basically spent the night in the Explorer.  We got a call from the maintenance people for our landlord the next morning and then sent their A/C tech out that afternoon and the bad capacitor was fixed in 10 minutes.  We were thankful it was a quick fix and today things are nice and cool in the house.

I did a bunch of cleaning today.  5 loads of laundry.  2 loads of dishes.  Cleaned the bookshelves.

Needless to say, I didn't get much stitching done yesterday, but I did a little today.  Here's what it looks like so far.  The guess I got were good, but sadly not correct.


Now do I have any more guesses?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a dragon to me! Maybe the one from the cover of the book, Inheritance?

    So glad your A/C was fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the air con fixed quickly. Nice to hear of a landlord responding promptly.

    Hmmm, I thought a dragon? or maybe a frog? Pretty sure it's not a snowdrop...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So close Debbie, but Shebafudge's second guess was correct. It is a frog. The next question is "what is the frog doing?"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(