Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chrismon Catchup

Over the past few days, I've been working on my Chrismons, Christian symbols for your Christmas tree.

For each one, I make one counted cross stitch on perforated plastic and one plastic canvas with yarn as it's larger and easier to see.  The patterns I'm using are from an old leaflet called "Christian Monograms" that I found in my Grandma's stash when I was visiting my aunt in CA (she somehow inherited all of it which isn't fair since she doesn't stitch anymore) and swiped.  I'm changing the color scheme as it was calling for three different shades of yellow floss as "gold hues."  Instead I'm using metallic DMC with black and white.  I think I may do the Noah's Ark in color.  Anyway, here's what I have so far.

Alpha and Omega

Latin Cross

Harp

Fish

Butterfly


I also have this one which doesn't have a plastic canvas counterpart yet.

Calvary Cross

1 comment:

  1. All of your Christmon ornaments look great! What a wonderful idea to do two versions of each one. Maybe next time you visit your aunt, she'll give you the rest of your grandma's stitching stash!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(