Friday, June 29, 2012

A new design and some shopping and 11 questions I stole from Edgar

I finished the first of what I hope to be a series of designs for the church year.  It's for the Sundays after Pentecost (and there are a whole bunch of them).  See my Sola Scriptura blog for more details.  Here's a sneaky peek:


I've expanded Sola Scriptura a bit and there are lots of ways to follow my designs.
Blog:  http://solascripturaneedlework.wordpress.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/solascripturaneedlework
Twitter: @sneedlework
Pintrest: http://pintrest.com/ssneedlework
I did a bit of shopping tonight at Hobby Lobby.  I got the two colors of DMC that I was missing along with some light effects that they had on clearance.  I am hoping to use it in some upcoming designs.

And last but not least, I'm swiping 11 questions off Edgar's blog again.  :)

1. Do you enjoy designing projects of your own?  Yes.  That's why now that I'm unemployed, I'm working on making some of my own.

2. How often do you find yourself swapping out fibers?  Never.  I don't own anything except DMC for the most part so I generally stick to that.  I do occasionally substitute Krenik if I want something to be metallic.

3. Do you enjoy using "specialty" fibers?  I've really only used Krenik and I don't mind metallics.  I've found that I have to use it in shorter strands than I would with DMC and it seems to work ok.

4. Have you ever stitched on fabrics "outside the box?" Nope.

5. Is there any form of needlework that try as you might, you can't master?  I tried punch needle and it didn't work out so well for me.

6. Are there any other textile arts on the horizon that you want to explore?  Well, I'd like to learn how to crochet.  I have a crewel kit that I'd like to do sometime.  I also want to do a bit of quilting and a bit more stuff on the sewing machine.

7. Is it really necessary to have more than a dozen pairs of embroidery scissors? I only have 2 and one of those wheel cutter things.  If you feel I should have more, I do take donations ;)

8. What is your favorite non framing finish?  I like making stuff into little pillows.  Or, I'll just stitch it on perforated plastic so I can just cut it out when I'm done.

9. Do you select your vacation destinations based on the location of needlework shops and tea shops?  I have a 1 and a 2 year old.  We don't vacation.

10. If you could plan the very finest of stitching cruises, what would it be like? Never been on a cruise.

11. How many stitching blogs do you read daily?  Whoever has updated recently.  Normally makes it 3-5 per day of the 20 or so I follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(