Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kits vs. Not a Kit

Recently, on my Yahoo CCS group, there was a discussion about kits vs. patterns.  Now, I started out doing a lot of kits.  I generally have no problems with them and I don't feel the need to swap fabric.  The only exception is the Snow White Kinkade piece.  I'll live with Aida.  I think Kits can look just as nice as patterns from books.  So here's my comparison using finished stuff that I've done.

Wedding Samplers

Kit
Not a kit
 Sampler

Kit
Not a kit
5x7 Pictures

Kit

Kit

Not a Kit (my own pattern)

Not a Kit (my own pattern)
Smalls
Kit

Not a Kit


3 comments:

  1. I like your comparisons, Joy. I also have been doing kits most of the time, and I still like them. The only pain is sorting the floss at the beginning, but some kits come with presorted floss, which is great. I only started using charts and my own fabric last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think they all look gorgeous! I don't really mind whether it's a chart or a kit if I love it. I tend to find most of the designers I stitch sell as charts though rather than kits so I suppose that is why I end up with more charts. Sometimes the threads are horrible in kits so I will change them for DMC instead.

    I am with you girls on not wanting to sort floss from kits. Usually that's because I can't tell the dfference between cream, light cream, very light cream and ultra very light cream etc....lol. I'm sure you know what I mean!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(