Sunday, April 22, 2012

Two months and counting

Two months from today, I lose my job. It's both relieving and nerve wracking at the same time. I work for T-Mobile. One month ago, they announced that they were closing 7 centers to reorganize the centers. They could have just shut the doors, but they didn't. They gave us 3 months notice and we're getting severance packages and last week we started with the firm they've hired for career coaching. Really, we're being treated well. As well as can be expected when you're losing your job. It was really supposed to be a temporary job. It's lasted almost 3 years. Not so temporary. We'll talk about what I'd rather be doing tomorrow on A to Z. My husband is frantically looking for a job. We were already talking about him going back to work and me being a stay at home Mom. He's been at home since about 6 months before Adèle was born. Hopefully he'll be able to find something before I lose mine. I'm taking the opportunity to hone my interview skills and get professional help with my resume job as 300+ teaching applications have not even yielded an interview. I'm hoping my resume and cover letter will be better with a makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(