Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and a Loom book in the mail

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3)The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


You have to take the Millennium series in two sections.  The first book The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo is easily a stand-a-lone book and although Salander is a main character, Blomkvist is more the main character.



Books 2 and 3 are a pair.  The Girl Who Played with Fire ends on a sharp cliffhanger.  This book picks up with Salander having emergency surgery to remove a bullet from her head.  We also find out that a special section of the secret police is responsible for handling Salander's father and they are trying to clean up his mess yet again.  Blomkvist is working on how to defend Salander in court and he drags his sister in to be her lawyer.



I liked the book.  It kept moving and I liked where he ended it. 



View all my reviews





Another book I got today in the mail:


Brenda over at Loom Lore had two of these and she sent me her spare!  I think I might make the one in the middle on the cover for Emily's upcoming 15th birthday.  Just need to find some cool looking yarn for it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(