Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Italian Food




I've always liked Italian food.  Well, I guess it's "Americanized Italian food" because I hear that our version is different than the "authentic" version.

I remember when they put the Olive Garden in Brookfield.  Mom never wanted to go there but when I was on outings with my Dad, we would go there.  Hee hee.


I'm not into Olive Garden so much anymore.  When I was in Colorado, I discovered Macaroni Grill.

Then, after I got married, I discovered Carino's.


But sometimes, I don't want "big box" Italian.  They built the cutest little Italian restaurant near my childhood home.  We'd get pizza from them all the time.  They have a mean fish fry as well.


There are a couple of little Italian restaurants in town.  Hopefully I'll be able to hit some of them up this summer.  Then I'll have to endure Migelito's to appease my husband's Mexican food cravings.


What to I order when I go out to eat Italian, you ask?  Well, I love white cream sauces.  Carino's has this bowtie medley thing that I really like.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm Italian food is yummy! I love tortellini in a tomato alfredo sauce. But I really do love all Italian food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Americanized Italian! Pizza is my favorite, especially with a nice crispy crust.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    Dianna Fielding
    Sociologyfornerds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, little Italian restaurants are the BEST - the bread, the pasta and the sauces all taste so much fresher...drooling on the keyboard now *lol*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(