Monday, May 30, 2011

Mommy's Day Out

It's been forever since I've been out shopping.  Mostly because we couldn't afford new clothes (couldn't afford much of anything at the old house, the new house makes things a little easier).  My everyday shoes were falling apart and all I had to wear was sweatpants since I didn't have anything else that fit.  I nearly cried at Christmas because some people at church helped us out with presents for the girls at Christmas and they included two sweaters for me.  Hadn't had new clothes in so long.

Enough with the depressing stuff.  I had $50 in gift cards each to Sears, JC Penny and Kohl's.  DH stayed home with the girls and I took the car.

Started out with lunch at Del Taco.  Chicken tacos (free with coupon) and cheesecake bites.


Then it was off to Sears. Got some very comfy Dr. Scholls shoes (I had a different style of their shoes, very comfortable but literally falling apart) for $20 (was $80).  Some Lee jeans for $20 and the polo tank of $7.  Apparently I'm a size 18 now which means only 2 dress sizes to lose.

After that was JCP.  Got two pairs of Lee jean shorts ($17.99) and two of their solid color tees.

Last up was Kohl's (it wasn't in the mall).  I love the purple shirt (it was $13 on clearance).  The brown shirt was a regular solid tee and the other thing was a skort.  I couldn't find a skirt that fit well and this has belt loops on it and I figure no one can look up my skirt while I'm chasing Zoé around church.

So, here were my spoils of shopping!  

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great shopping day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful shopping trip & deals.
    my brother's family was helped by the church at Christmas. it was unexpected for them but nice.
    chris b

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(