Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cookie baking, stitching and bronchitis

So, I've been out from work for about a week now.  Can't seem to keep my breath and having sinus headaches and RLS and Braxton-Hicks contractions.  The doc says I do indeed have a sinus infections and a touch of bronchitis...no wonder I feel like crap.  I had RLS toward the end of my last pregnancy and fortunately, it goes away after I give birth. 

So, my DH has been bugging me to bake cookies for about a month now.  I made him my Choc-Oat Chip Cookies a few months back and he proclaimed them the best cookies he'd ever had.  Don't they look good?


I started "Home Is Where the Cat Is" (see future projects album for a picture of the kit).  I needed a break from that border!  Ugh!  I'm hoping to have it done by the time my mother comes to visit sometime after the baby is born.  This is my current progress:



We were having a discussion about kits on my Yahoo group.  They are definitely right about being skimpy on the fabric....I'm hoping there's enough for me to stretch and mount it.


And last but not least...Belly Shot!  This is me at 33 weeks.  Boy, I'm getting fat.  Hopefully I don't have a 3rd pregnancy right away and can lose the fat I couldn't lose last time because I got pregnant right away.


 Oh, and here's the recipe for the cookies....


Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies

1           C. Butter
1 1/4     C. Brown Sugar
1/2        C. Sugar
2        Eggs
2           T. Milk
2        t. Vanilla
1 3/4     C. Flour
1           t. Baking Soda
1/2        t. Salt
2 1/2     C. Quick Oats
2           C. Chocolate Chips
1           C. Chopped Nuts



Heat oven to 375°F.  Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.  Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.  Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.  Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts; mix well.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie.  Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cool completely. 

About 4 1/2 doz

1 comment:

  1. Cookies look good :) and great stitching. Sorry you are sick

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(