Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some Sewing

So, I had to do one more project tonight:  sew up my husband's pajamas.  I don't know if it's how they're sewn or what, but he always manages to pop the seam, right in the worst area to do it.  I had to sew up both of his in the last two days.  So, that means I had to drag my little sewing kit out.

It's actually a Caboodle that my parents got me when I first learned to sew probably around the age of 7 or so.  I've used it ever since.  I have a pretty small sewing collection.  I had inherited all my Grandma's stuff including her sewing machine but it didn't make the move to Texas.  Fortunately, I'm not a big sewer and I don't use the machine if I can help it.  My Mom bought me one of those basic starter kits from Wal-Mart or something and then we put it into the box.  I've got the basics, including a pinking shears and one of those handy stitch things.

I think I'm going to have to make a needle case for myself though.  Somehow, all my sharp needles disappeared so I bought a set at Hobby Lobby but now I have so many of them and no where to put them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(