Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Trip to the Store

This week was my return to work so I haven't been blogging as much as usual. Had a great weekend so far--spending Friday with my husband and going out with the whole family today. Hit the comic book stores and picked up the new Muppet Robin Hood and the second Muppet Show Comic Book (they are continuing the show in comics and it's quite good.



I've made some progress on my winter teacup. Stitching over two threads and using three strands of floss. It's all DMC and I thought I had most of it but there were a couple colors that I didn't have so we had to make a trip to Aidaworks...


Also got two books. The first one came out in October and I have been looking for it recently but went through 4 Barnes and Nobles to find it. It's the conclusion to The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer (awesome author) called The Islands of the Blessed.



The other I started on Audiobook but had to take it back to the library but it was really intruiging but not my normal. I picked it out because of the title which is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It's a mystery written by a deceased Swedish author.



I also joined Dragon my Needle and her Totally Useless Stitch Along. Not much in the jar yet but there will be more with the DMC I have to wind onto bobbins today.

Have not heard from the winner of the giveaway yet. If I do not hear by the end of the week, I will draw a new winner.

1 comment:

  1. Just popping in to WELCOME you to the Totally Useless SAL. I'm looking forward to visiting with you. Feel free to grab our TU Button for your sidebar if you like. Will be back to read more, still working on updating our members (LOL).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(